My very dear friend India and I receive Gwyneth Paltrow's "GOOP" once a week. We immediately discuss our take on the not-so-valuable and/or practical advice Gwyn gives us. So I have decided to dispense a few Anna Lewis tips:
1. If you see a black dress that you kind of like, buy it. GOOP would tell you that it's easy to come across a LBD when you are bff with Valentino. But it's also easy to find one when you have the ability to walk into a JCREW, H&M or Banana Republic.
2. I am sure life is really easy when you have a personal chef. Life is also easy when you live a block away from Trader Joe's. The two things that should be in every kitchen: turkey meatballs and thai red curry sauce. Both under $4, both delicious. ahhh sank you.
3. I hate high heels but boy I would love a pair of Louboutins. Maybe in another life. Instead I will feel better knowing that I bought a pair, and gave a pair.
4. How do you do Europe on less than $100 a day? You use your parents Marriott Points. Thanks again to the O'Brien and Velleco families!
5. Invest in a good hair cut. A wise woman once said "It's the one thing you wear everyday."
6. I don't have children, nor do I want any in the foreseeable future. But here's how you entertain them: television. And if you're one of those people that don't want your kids watching television, well first off, I hate you. Second, give them anything with buttons they can push. An old telephone, a calculator, a remote control, they will be entertained for at least an hour. So go make yourself a cocktail and watch Oprah.
7. If you want to lose weight, put the beer down, get rid of your car, and buy a bike.