Tuesday, July 14, 2009
i absolutely positively love vanity fair. somehow i am able to look over the liberal opinion they jam down my throat every month and appreciate the quality of writing and beautiful lay out that goes into each issue. one of my favorite things is the "proust questionnaire" found on the last page of the magazine. they always seem to find the most interesting, not necessarily glamourous, celebrities to ask the same twenty-one questions.
this month, i decided to answer the questions myself:
1. what is your idea of perfect happiness? getting my hair washed
2. what is your greatest fear? losing a permanent tooth
3. which living person do you most admire? my brothers
4. which words or phrases do you most overuse? "shut up"
5. what is the trait you most deplore in yourself? the fact that i snore
6. what do you dislike the most about your appearance? i wish i could wear high waisted skirts
7. which living person do you most depise? james carville
8. what or who is the greatest love of your life? james madison
9. which talent would you most like to have? stand up comedian
10. if you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? my height
11. if you could change one thing about your family, what would it be? the distance between us
12. if you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be? a male penguin
13. what is your most treasured posession? my passport
14. what is your favorite occupation? teacher
15. what is your most marked characteristic? my hair
16. what do you most value in your friends? loyalty
17. who are your favorite writers? joyce carol oates, ee cummings, elizabeth gilbert
18. who are your heroes in real life? funny women
19. what is it that you most dislike? short sightedness and helpless people.
20. how would you like to die? with shopping bags in my hands
21. what is your motto? stand up for yourself