Thursday, September 16, 2010

to thrift

I am an avid thrifter. And I have no prejudices. I thrift for ball jars, pyrex, vintage pyrex, clothes, clutches, jewelery, pictures, vintage postcards, shoes, scarves, planters, tablecloths, milk glass anything, lamps, etc. Sometimes I leave with $20 worth of treasures I never knew I needed, and other times I will walk out happy as a clam with $1.50 scarf I know will go with everything this fall (seriously, I just found that scarf. It's giant and filled with yellow and corals and blues and browns and it is just perrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfection) I realize that not only do my boyfriend and I have a shared love for each other, we also unfortunately love STUFF and so my thrift store ventures have been limited since moving to our small nest. So I've decided to make a list of things that I just absolutely positively must buy if I find, and I will stick to this list. For as long as I can.

1. A vintage scale for our kitchen. It doesn't even have to work, actually I'd prefer it not to so I can balance the Ball Jar that holds my coffee on one side, and maybe our salt and pepper on the other side.
2. An awesome lamp for our kitchen table
3. One very large container for all of our mixing utensils
4. Something to hold all my magazines because cluttering the living room table is so full of anxiety
5. More Ball Jars because let's be honest, a dozen is just not enough.

I said limited people, not eliminated.

No comments: